Sunday, January 10, 2010

Life is WAR!

One of the things that I am trying to accept is that life is war. What I mean is that we were all born in to a world war which has been raging since before the garden of Eden. The sooner we all come to grips with that and accept that we must pick our swords every day, that is when we can truly find peace. I know that sounds ironic and it may not make since unless the Lord reveals it to you. In some ways I take comfort in the fact that the enemy opposes us, it means we are still a threat to him. It means we are still alive and have not given up. Jesus said in this world we would have all kinds of struggles. I don’t think he just meant persecution at the hands of non believers. I am not looking for a demon behind every malfunction, but many times there are,
“influences”. Victory does not look like the cessation of battle, it looks like living to fight another day. It looks like overcoming and thwarting the enemy’s plans. Yes, in this world we will have struggles, but HE said, fear not for I have overcome the world.

It’s exhausting at times. Sometimes I want to give up. But it’s times like those that His strength is perfected in my weakness. God has a dramatic flair I think, and likes to come in and save the day just in the nick of time. As they say, it is always darkest before the dawn. Life is like the battle of Helm’s Deep in the “Lord of the Rings” trilogy. That battle is intense and seems endless. Just as it seems darkness will win and all hope is lost, the sun rises, night is ended and good comes in to save the day.

He cares for his beloved and is always there fighting besides us, even when we can’t see Him. Sometimes we don’t see Him, because He is fighting at our back.

No comments:

Post a Comment