Sunday, August 30, 2009

Aragorn or Anakin?

As I struggled through the spring and the first half of the summer, the question burning in my mind was “Am I Aragorn or Anakin?” Aragorn is the ranger in the Lord of the Rings which eventually goes on to be the King of Gondor. Anakin is a Jedi night who turns to the dark side and forsakes his greater destiny. So this summer as I struggled with many things and at times I felt like giving up, I asked myself which I was.

Both these characters came to a critical juncture, a crossroads where they had to make a choice. That choice changed their lives foreseer, everything hinged on it for good or evil, for magnificents or mediocrity. In many ways this summer was one of those crossroads for me.

I could feel God’s calling on my life, but it just seem so hard to follow Him at times, that I just wanted to give up, throw in the towel. It was never any one major thing, but it was a whole host of mosquito size problems that wore me down. Things breaking, work, issues with kids, fatigue, spiritual attacks, etc, etc. Many times I felt completely alone. I felt like there was no one who understood.

Still through it all God was with me, patient, loving and guiding. Even in those times I felt alone, I look back and see that He was with me. Now I know who I am and I see the work God is doing in me and the work that He will do through me. I will choose to be Aragorn, which is to say that I will obediently seize the destiny God lays before me and what ever end that leads to. To give up is to completely fail. That will not be my path. I choose to risk failure, rather than to fail surely by not trying at all. God came through for me and made me able to choose the better path.

As God led me out of the wilderness this summer, I realized that much of what I had been experiencing was an assignment of the enemy against me to prevent me from taking up the task the Lord set’s before me now. He knew, and it scared him to death and then as now, the enemy tries to prevent me from reaching my goal. But he will not succeed, for I already know how the story ends. The bible tells us the Satan will be defeated in the end. The God of peace will soon crush Satan underneath your feet!

There for I will draw my breath, my bread, indeed all that I am and have from Jesus Christ, and that makes all the difference.

I post this for all to see, for I know I am not really alone in experiencing these kinds of things. I hope that this will encourage you to press into the Lord further, seek him wholeheartedly and seize His destiny for you. The enemy oppresses you because he hates you and fears you. Realize however, he has no real power over you so long as you keep your eyes on Jesus. We all have a part to play in God’s plan, don’t let the enemy take you out! God wants you for his army!

No comments:

Post a Comment