Sunday, January 4, 2009

What gives value

For many years I struggled with my worth as a human being. Often thinking I was inferior, worthless and useless. Over the years however, the Lord has been faithful to re-write this defective piece of my programming. Through the relentless efforts of my loving wife, divine intervention and scripture the Lord has helped me to see that I have value. If I have value, then you, the reader also have value. But why?

Let's say I have two violins. The first way is made by Crescent Company. The second one is made by some "dead guy" named Anontio Stradivari . Which one is worth more? The one made by Stradivari of course, you exclaim. But, why? Because of WHO made the violin. The maker is what gives it value. It's the same with us. We are priceless, one of kind works of art because of WHO made us. We are the work of His hands, the fruit of His labor. We have undeniable value because the living God created us. It was not an assembly line creation, but that of a craftsman, delicately and precisely crafting each one of in His image.

No comments:

Post a Comment